Since I'm talking about bad habbits though, I want to make sure everyone knows that I'm not the only one teaching my child things. Daddy likes his Ice Cream...daily. Every time he goes to get his Ice Cream, Kiera is right there waiting to have her share. As long as he doesn't give her much, I'm usually okay with a couple of SMALL bites. The worst is when he decides to come in to kitchen, in the morning, while I'm cooking breakfast!!! Of course, she is right there waiting for her share...This is where I have to put my foot down, no Ice Cream in the morning, this to me is totally a afternoon, night time snack. The way I was raised it was also a special occasion thing to though. I'm currently trying to figure out how best to put a stop to the everyday Ice Cream as well though, since this not a habbit I want to encourage.
Friday, October 10, 2008
Bad Habbits Rubbing Off...
We all know about how impressionable kids are, how they watch our every move. Well, those who know me know that I have a horrible love of Dr. Pepper. I don't drink as much as I use to, I've been trying really hard to cut back. Of course, I've only cut back how MUCH, not how OFTEN. Plus it has only been recently that I've been trying to cut back. So, my daughter has grown up seeing Mommy with a Dr. Pepper in her hand on a daily basis. Not only her Mommy, but Grandpa, her aunts, even family friends. I usually guard my Dr. Pepper, mainly for the reason that I will not let her have any anytime soon. Just because I have a desire to drink it doesn't mean that my daughter has too, plus she is still to young to be drinking any kind of soda. I also have to watch for the mess that could be made. Well the other day I took out a can of Dr. Pepper during her nap time and didn't get a chance to open it before she got up. So I got her out of bed changed her diaper and brought her out to the family room. She quickly went for the can, and since it wasn't open I let her play with it. She started acting like she was drinking it. Below are the pictures I took of my little girl. I love the picture with the grin, she was so proud of herself. 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Those pictures of Kiera are so cute, what a little ham. I remember your Dr. Pepper addiction, glad to see that some things never change =)
Post a Comment