Friday, October 17, 2008

First Kiss!

So what do you do when at the age of 1 your daughter is already getting kisses???!!?? No, don't worry, I am totally aware of how innocent it all is, but that doesn't take away my shock the other day. Our library has the reading times for young kids, so yesterday I took Kiera to our first one. It is for 6 months to 23 months. There was a boy in there that was probably a little closer to that 23 months than most...and after they read a story to them, they bring some toys in for the kids to play together with. So the kids are all running around, pulling toys out of the box, and playing as nicely as can be expected. One boy was walking by Kiera and kind of went to push her out of the way, before he could cause much harm though his mother saw him and told him to play nice. So this boy, no idea who he is, goes in and kisses my daughter. He only got her cheek the first time, so then he had to give her another kiss on the lips. It was one of those moments where I thought, HOW CUTE!!! then the thought of HE'S KISSING MY DAUGHTER!! came to mind. As I said, all innocent, but come on, a random boy was kissing her!

2 comments:

Sommer said...

that is very cute! Get used to it now, she's pretty cute, I'm sure you'll be beating the boys away with a stick when she's older!

Lyd Stew said...

That cracks me up! I'm glad I haven't had to deal with that yet. :) Also- I just made your brownies and posted a tribute to you on my cooking blog! You'll have to check it out... by the way they were great. I was just wishing I had you there to bake them for me when I had the midnight craving! Just like the old days! :)