Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Valentines Day

Well, another day of love has come and gone.  The kids and I went over to Grandma's house that morning and enjoyed baking sugar cookies, which are a fav of mine.  We got home just in time to put the kids down for a nap.  By the time they got up from their naps, Grandpa and Grandma Mullis had dropped by bearing gifts.  A single red rose for me, a rose and a balloon for Kiera, and Hershey kisses and a balloon ( which did come off my flower, but he enjoyed it so much more) for Rylan. 






They loved the balloon so much, Kiera had to hold on to it the next morning at breakfast...silly kids.


That night we got Cafe Rio since I didn't feel like cooking and Jason had class, so we couldn't do anything more.   I picked it up and brought back home, and boy, was it packed that night.  about an hour later my parents called asking me to call an order in for them, an hour wait.  I guess no mother wants to cook on the big V-Day. 

Jason and I finally got to go out for Valentines Day the Saturday after.  We went to Texas Roadhouse, a movie, and then to cold stone...yum!  It was great to get away from the kids and enjoy my special someone.  Jason truly is the man of my dreams, my best friend.  I can't believe that we've been together over 5 years now!  Well I hope everyone had a great Valentines Day and was able to share it with someone you love!

1 comment:

Sommer said...

So true, cooking on Valentine's day really sucks! My gosh your kids are so adorable Jen! Your date with Jason sounds like so much fun. I can't imagine a better date then that, seriously, a movie, my favorite restraunt-Texas Roadhouse, and my favorite ice cream place-Coldstone. I am dying to go on a date. We haven't been on a date since September! I miss you Jen.