Well, 2011 has started and with it has come.....school again, colds, and cleaning. We have enjoyed this first month but we have been pretty busy. We had to recoup from the holidays and I have been working hard to catch up the house cleaning. I think I'm starting to get back to normal, finally. We switched the rooms around a couple of weeks ago which didn't help with getting everything cleaned, but it has worked out great in other aspects. Kiera was really starting to get scared a lot at night, she would even go into Rylan's room and climb into bed with him. So we decided that it was time to move them in together. Kiera has really enjoyed having her brother in the room with her. Rylan's old room has become the play room....which is nice to have 3/4 of the toys all in one room.
Jason has started his classes again. The last two classes and then he will have his MBA. I have no idea what life will be like once he is out, but boy do I look forward to it. So we just look forward to May! He is doing good though, working hard.
The last couple of weeks have resulted in us having colds, me the worst. Bad coughs, runny noses, stuffy noises......I even had some aches and pains. A couple days there I was really touch and go. But we are starting to feel better. Hopefully we all will be better soon.
Last week I also got to go to two plays. The first was down at UVU, my brother Ryan was in the play Oklahoma! He did really good job. He was one of the "farmers" He didn't have a big part, but he was up there singing and dancing with the best of them. Then the next night I saw Kristyn in her school play. The did A Midsummer's Night Dream and Kris was the Queen. She also did a really good job. I always enjoy going to a good play.
Other than that, the kids continue to do an awesome job at keeping me busy. Kiera is getting closer to being potty trained, but just hasn't decided it is really what she wants. When she wants to, she does great, but for the most part it isn't worth the time or the effort for her. She has really gotten into her barbies and princess. If I'm not hearing about going to Grandma's to play barbies, then it is to watch one of the new princess movies she got for Christmas. She loves to go to the 'book store' which is the shelf in her bedroom, or the 'shoe store' which is mom's closet. She also loves her bubble baths and will spend hours in the bath tub playing. Both her and Rylan love to play in water.
Rylan is also doing good. His talking is starting to come along, though not as much as I would like. As soon as this cold dries up we are going to take him to a specialist. We want to make sure his hearing is good to make sure that isn't the problem since ear problems come from both sides of his family. He has had just enough ear infections and colds to be worried about it. He is a Chocolate Lover like his Dad and keeps us on our toes making sure it is all put up out of his reach. If he can find it, he will get to it, and he will eat it. He loves to follow his sister around and do everything she is doing. He loves balls and cars, and is pretty much my true blue boy. I love watching him grow, but everyone once in awhile and I get a tear as I realize that my baby isn't a baby any more. He is a toddler through and through.
Here are some pictures of the kids and me.
1 comment:
These darling kids love their Mommy! :)
Post a Comment