Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

Well, we had a great time for Thanksgiving this year. Of course I always enjoy having my husband home a few extra days during the week and even better when he takes care of me when he is home. :0) Of course that helps when your Birthday falls on Thanksgiving. But to start at the beginning... Wed. I went over to my mom's house to help get ready for the Thursday festivities. We baked pies all day ( in between making braclets and getting a package ready for my brother Ryan that is.) Below is a picture of Kiera enjoying left-over pudding from the Orea pudding pie I made. She seemed to be enjoying it.

Thanksgiving Day started off quite nice. Jason was so very nice and got up with Kiera and made breakfast for me for my birthday. I was very appreciative for the extra half hour of sleep. I then got me and Kiera ready and left for my parents house. We went over so that Jason could get some studying done, he had assignments that are due by the end of the week, and we knew we would be busy. So I got to spend some time playing with my sisters on the XBox and then help my mom finish getting ready for Thanksgiving.
The meal was very good as usual. My mom sure does know how to bake a turkey...yum. We enjoyed some interesting Thanksgiving discussion....my sister was smart enough to bring up how she was thankful for the fact the she was turning 16 in a week and a day. So of course that got us all talking about her dating and what not. My poor father, I don't think is looking forward to having another daughter dating...and he has two more after Mandy.


After dinner my little sisters to Kiera outside to play, somehow the ended up in the car...and behind the wheel. They are getting ideas into her head at wayyyyy to young an age. :0)


We got to play a family game to end the night. We played Five Crowns, and it came down to the last hand.....I could almost see a win on my birthday, but it was not to be. My dad went down the first time around and set me to third place. Sad, sad, sad. It was fun though, even Mandy played. Always fun to have the family together. We all look forward to Christmas and being able to have Jason AND ERIC home!!!!! So EXCITING!!

1 comment:

Sommer said...

I love, love, love the last two pictures! Sounds like a wonderful thanksgiving. Jason was very sweet spoiling you! That's exciting that Eric will be home for christmas. I wish I was there to play five crowns, I love that game! How are you feeling Jen? Are you in your second trimester yet?