Thursday, September 1, 2011

July in Quick Review

So, I'm way behind in my blogs so here is July:

July 4th

      We had a fun July 4th. We spent most of it up at my parents house where we enjoyed dinner and then a nice firework show.  Jason and I bought some, my dad bought some, and everyone else in the valley bought the bigger ones for us to enjoy.  My parents live on the side of a mountain so we got a nice view of everyone else's fireworks.  We started out the nights activities with the pop its.  I forget what they are called, but they're the ones that you throw on the ground and the make a loud pop noise.  The kids loved them. It was something they could do. Here are some pictures we took during that time.



You can kind of tell that it was sprinkling a little bit, didn't bother the kids none.
 
Lex, Ryan's girlfriend at the time, was helping Rylan

Dustin (Jason's brother) and his daughter Lyhia. They came up to enjoy the fireworks with us.


Then it was onto the sparklers. Again these were enjoyed by all though of course my battery was getting low and I only got pictures of Rylan:



Then we all gathered at the bottom of the drive way to enjoy some fireworks.  My phone came out to get these pictures so if they aren't that good, that's why:








When the fireworks started all the kids were so good, that is except for Rylan. He couldn't decide if he liked them or not. When Daddy went up to light them he wanted to go with, but when they started to go off he ran up the driveway toward the house. Silly boy. 




Rylan ended up getting Grandma Mullis to play with some bubbles for him instead...


Overall it was a fun night with family and friends.

Mullis Invitational

     The next big thing of July that I missed writing about was the Yearly Mullis Invitational.  The Mullis clan has started a tradition of all those who want to golf get together and play against each other. There is a singles and a group one.  The girls tend to only get involved in the group one...though you never know maybe some day I will have enough time and money to practice and take those boys on!  This year the teams were this:  Jason P, Jennifer, Eric, and Marinda; Jason M, Jodi, Ryan, and Lex; Dad, Mom, JR, Kari, Jason M's friend Worm (no idea what his real name is), Mandi, and Kristyn.  I think we all had fun being out on the golf course and competing..though our team did not win.  Jason M, Jodi, Ryan, and Lex I believe is the team that took the win this year.. Well here are the pictures I got, most of them were actually taken by Marinda and Eric...they like taking pictures:


Getting ready for the swing

Doesn't Eric have such a good swing

This is a great Eric face...of course Marinda is the one that took this one

I hate pictures of me.....but look, I'm playing golf!

So is Marinda!




Hey look honey I found balls!
Other July pictures:
 
 


I don't why, but they like to stuff tons of blankets behind the couch and then climb back there.




Grandma and Grandpa just moved to a new to house and now they have a swing set in their backyard. The kids loved it!




Rylan playing at Grandparents house in Boise

Jason and Jodi bought Rylan and Kiera a present when they came to town.  Rylan enjoyed playing with his on Jason's lap during dinner. Such nice Aunts and Uncles they have.

I was cleaning my kitchen so I had all the chairs together in the living room.  This is how Rylan entertained himself.



Kiera and I meeting Kia, Kiear's new cousin

Jason, Kiera, and Kia. Kiera just loved seeing the baby!


1 comment:

Sommer said...

You have the best family ever! Sounds like you had a wonderful July!