So Jason's family came in the Tuesday before Christmas and stayed till Sunday. We all had a blast spending time together, staying up late, and working on special projects. Jason and I spent Wed. afternoon looking for a special present. We found out on Monday that Jason was going to get a bonus that we weren't expecting, so as a reward we let Jason get his 46 in LCD for the basement. We are all very happy with our new T.V. it just kind of took a lot of time Wed and Thursday. Since we didn't just replace the T.V. we also took apart our entertainment center that was on its last leg and put shelves up around the T.V. I think it turned out pretty nice. I know Jason was happy to have his Dad around to help out.
Friday was Christmas Eve and we all decided to open presents. Jason's family has a tradition of opening presents early, so we did...though Santa still came that night and we had Christmas morning. Here are the pictures from the Christmas Eve festivities:
 |
| We were passing out presents and at first Kiera only had the one while everybody else got ton's. She wasn't so sure about this Christmas thing at that point. |
 |
| She ended up with plenty though. At one point Rylan started to steal Lyhia's presents and give them to his sister. What a good brother! Though we had teach him that wasn't how it worked. |
 |
| It didn't bother him much. Once he got a chance to start opening presents he was off. |
Over all I think the kids really enjoyed their Christmas. By the time you add the gifts together from Grandparents and parents...the kids did good for themselves. Now Mommy just has to figure out how to organize it all. :0) That night we stayed up and played games until late into the night...like 2:00 in the morning. We were all tired the next day..but that's part of Christmas break right?
Then Christmas morning! I will say that I was happy that our kids actually slept in a little bit. We were still up by 7:30 - 8:00 or so, but hey that's late for Christmas morning! Though Kiera was excited for Santa Claus to come, I don't think she completely understood what was going on that morning.
 |
| Kiera on her new bike! |
 |
| Rylan and his Race Ramp |
 |
| There's Candy in HERE!! |
 |
| Mmmm Candy |
 |
| I love when the kids can play together nicely. |
 |
| This is their new Pirate Ship...come summer there will be water to play with in it! |
The kids had a lot of fun with their new toys. Kiera got a Toy Story chair, a Minnie Mouse, and a bike. Rylan got a Toy Story chair, a Mickey Mouse, and a Race Ramp. The Pirate Ship was a family gift along with some Disney movies, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, and Lion King. It was a great Christmas morning! Then Rylan found the candy in the stocking. I know I talk about him and his candy a lot, but trust there is a reason. The little guy is obsessed with it. He would take some from his father, leave and it eat it, then come right back for me. It was hilarious. I swear he can smell it. When we got over to my Mother's house he can find it within ten min. Its crazy!
Later that day while the kids played with their new toys this is what we were doing....
 |
| That is Jason leaning out of the picture, darn husband. |
Rylan enjoyed Kiera's new toy from Grandma Mullis, though not the way you would hope....
 |
| I love these pictures, he is SO CUTE! |
Later that day we went to Temple Square to see the lights. Jason's parents had never been. Boy was it slow on Christmas Night. It made it really easy to enjoy the lights...except for the fact that it was cold and the kids were tired :0) But it was beautiful as always.....I didn't get a lot of pictures but feel free to see my last years post if you want. It wasn't very different.
Then when we got back we watched a movie and stayed up waiting for Jason's brother to get home from work at 2:00. Then played a game of Five Crowns and went to bed...around 4 in the morning! It had been a long time since I've done that one. It was a great week though of family fun. The next day everybody got up and had to get ready to go. It was great spending Christmas with the Paynes!
3 comments:
I was thinking about you the other day... I came across my nose flute and had a good laugh. :) Hope you are doing well- I can't believe how fast your kids are growing! I bet you are such a good mom!
Nice post! I love the wallpaper on your post . . sweet looking. There are some very cute pics of your kids. Glad to see others spent late hours playing games with the fam!
Aw I've been thinking about you a lot the past couple weeks and missing you lots too. I had so much fun with you this summer and wish I could have spent more time with you all. You have such a beautiful family. It sounds like your Christmas was wonderful and perfect, family, games... life is good. We played Farkle on Sunday and thought of you all =) Love you!
Post a Comment