Thursday, February 25, 2010

January: Mice, Sledding, and Kids

Well, I am way behind in my blogging, and though I have my reasons, there is no excuse. So here is a quick catch up. First since we have moved to our new place we have been dealing with the wonderful world of Mice. I believed we have caught and killed like 10 and have many different stories to tell about the process. Here are a few:

1. One morning I was eating breakfast with the kids when a mouse decided to poke his head out from under our stove. He seemed so see us and went back under the stove, just to come out a second later and head under the refrigerator. Before I knew it he was trying to leave the kitchen, which would bring him right by me. He would venture forward see that I was still there and run and hide again. So, I hid behind the wall with a box lid and waited for him to come into the open. He came around the corner and slammed the lid on top of him...then the thought of crap what next popped into my head, so my husband got a phone call with from a frantic wife wondering what in the world she should do with a mouse she caught. After discussing it with him I got a plastic bag, lifted one side of the box so that the only place the mouse could go was into the bag.. it worked. I then proceeded to put the plastic bag inside another plastic bag, into another, into another. Then I took him to the garbage can. Then on second thought I decided I better make sure he was dead now, instead of waiting for him to possibly suffocate, so I went out and hit a couple times with our shovel..It was an experience.

2. Jason sister has recently moved in with us and she started to complain about the sound of mice in her walls. Turns out there was a mouse stuck and all night all she heard was him jumping around trying to get out. So Jason took the opportunity to cut it out of the wall. Below is our pet mouse we had for a day. Kiera enjoyed it. The cage is all wet because she had gotten hold of it and had played with it, poor mouse. He ended up being taken outside and killed as well. I'm sorry, but Mice just don't belong in my house.
Sledding: It is January in Utah, so of course we had to make sure we went sledding at least once with Kiera. Surprisingly we haven't gotten That much snow. I have been expecting a lot more. But here are a few pictures of Kiera's outing with her Dad and a couple of her Aunts.


Other than January was pretty slow. Here are a couple of pictures and videos of my kids. In the video's we have Kiera making Rylan laugh. It is so entertaining to watch, she barely has to do anything and he totally busts out laughing. The other video is Kiera dancing and singing along to Poker Face. No it is not the best thing the world, but her aunts listen to it and she has come to love Lady Gaga....right now I know its mainly just because of the dance beat and she gets so excited and its so cute to watch her dance....I know totally rationalizing. But I'm sharing anyway.


The pictures are Rylan enjoying his bath time.

This picture is Kiera trying not to fall asleep and failing.


1 comment:

Sommer said...

Oh my gosh Jen I would have FLIPPED out with the mice.... like really bad. We've (and when I say we I mean Ben) have killed two mice in our house... I've never had to see or hear them though, Ben tries to keep them from me. I'm surprised you didn't mention your gal bladder operation. I saw Rachel on Saturday and she told me that you had to get it removed. I hope that you are feeling well and good. I can't wait to see you in five months (and totally counting).