Thursday, January 21, 2010

Las Vegas 2009

Well this year the Mullis clan descended upon Las Vegas for Christmas. It was the first time ever in Vegas a few of us... like me and all my sisters. The trip started with the boys all leaving on Monday morning, bright and early to go down to Mesquite to golf. From what I hear the course was a really good one and all that played enjoyed themselves. The girls all followed down on Tuesday. I got to drive by myself with my two kids. It wasn't horrible, but I was getting tired there close to the end. The kids were really good for me for the most part though, so I'm not going to complain. We showed up in Vegas just in time to connect with the rest of the group, get a little something to eat, and go the BYU game. I'm sorry, I don't have any pictures of this, I was too busy trying to keep my kids warm. It was freezing. I had come somewhat prepared so we did okay. Plus there was a store in the stadium that was heated so every so often we would take the kids in there to warm up. The people next to us were very nice and let us share one of their blankets for a little while. The game it self was a good one, it was entertaining to watch how the wind messed up their games and how they over came it. We Won! which of course makes the game that much better. I was so proud of my kids, they did so well. Kiera was much better once she got to go and sit with her aunts and uncles though. Mainly her Mandy and Kari, she loves them so much!


Wednesday morning we got to eat at the hotel buffet. The best part of buffets though, the deserts!
My Grandma Mullis took advantage of it and enjoyed trying a few different things. Totally filled up her plates.
My mom decided to feed Rylan some sweet potatoes, he has loved them ever since. He all of a sudden started to eat really well after that...as long as I'm not feeding him sweet peas.

Not to be out done, my Dad had to join in and he fed Rylan Ice Cream. Not the first time he has had Ice Cream, he seems to have Grandparents on both sides that enjoy giving him some. He enjoyed it though.


After the buffet the girls went shopping and the boys all went to try their luck in the Casino at Planet Hollywood. Me and Jason joined for a little while, my mom took care of the kids for us. We decided we had to enjoy Las Vegas a little bit while we were there...all part of the experience, right. :0) At the end of the week we walked away a little ahead. So that was cool. We mainly stuck to the slot machines. Anyway, the mall we shopped at was the Miracle Mile Mall, I believe that is what it is called, and it was connected to our Hotel, Planet Hollywood. There was some cool different things they had going on, a lot of fountains. This below is the inside Rain Storm they had. The pictures is dark and hard to see...but it was kind of cool.

This was Rylan and Jason waiting for the Rain Storm.

I decided to join them for a picture as well.


Kiera was attached to Mandy the whole week. Here they are waiting on the rocks for the Rain Storm.

There was a Budda in the mall as well. So of course we all had to get our pictures taken with it.

Eric rubbing Budda's belly.

Mandy and Kiera rubbing Budda's belly.

The girls with Budda, Jennifer, Mandy, Kiera, Kari, Kristyn.



Thursday we all went over to Mandalay Bay and went to there Shark Tank Aquarium. We had a good time, Kiera enjoyed most of it, though by the end she was getting a little bored.

Jodi, Jason's Girl Friend

The family

A Dragon!

Here we are at the petting portion of the aquarium. We were able to feel the back of sting rays. Kiera wasn't quite big enough, but she had fun playing in the water.

Shark

Jellyfish...they look so cool

They even had a Santa Clause for the kids. I finally got Kiera to sit on his lap and not Cry...she isn't smiling, but we getting closer.

Rylan on the other hand cried...a lot.

They even had a Sharkta


We spent the rest of the day walking through some of the other casino's in the area. My mother was nice enough to help carry Rylan around for a lot of the day.

Our friend Linda came out to join us as well. It was great to see her!

Christmas morning we all got together to open presents. We all had one present to open and then we played this white elephant gift thing. It was a fun morning with the family.

Dad

Jason and Jodi, Look they're holding hands!

Eric's first present he opened in the white elephant gift game. He did end up with a different gift, but we had a good time giving a hard time about this one.

Saturday we had a night out on the town. We went to go see all the shows they have, the water show in front of the Bellagio and the Volcano in front of the Mirage.

Waiting for the water show. Kristyn, Eric, Kiera, and Ryan.

Still waiting, Mandy, Kristyn, Eric, Ryan, and Kiera

My goofy siblings. Mandy, Kristyn, and Eric

Rylan with his Daddy!
The water Show!


The Volcanoe show


Here are a couple more pictures from out last night in Las Vegas. The last one is of New York New York; Mandy, Kristyn, and I got to go on the rollar coaster. It was pretty fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great way to spend Christmas!

Sommer said...

Your Christmas sounded so fun and exciting! I've never been to Vegas either. You are so brave driving down by yourself with the kids. I'm glad you had fun with your famiy.