Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Kiera!

Well, my baby girl went and had another birthday, she is now 2!! I can't believe how fast times has flown. In some ways it feels just like yesterday we were trying to get pregnant and every month was an emotional roller coaster, and now I have two kids. Crazy. I feel so blessed to have Kiera. She has a giggle that you can't help but laugh along with her. She loves to watch her TV shows, mainly Mickey Mouse. She gets so excited when she sees Mickey on the screen....or any where else for that matter. She loves to get into her aunts make-up. Her new thing is to grab cotton balls and rub them on her face, because that is what her mommy and her aunts are doing. She is starting to learn more and more words. She copies what you say a lot more and she is doing really well wish some of her animal sounds...cow says MOOOOO. is one of the ones she knows. She also loves to play with water. She has discovered that she can get water out of grandma's tub. I'll be feeding Rylan and next thing I know she is soaked. She is such a very happy girl, nothing keeps her down for long. She already is getting very good at ignoring me too..that part is a little frustrating, but then she looks at with that big smile...and what are you too do....Stand strong put her in time out, and melt on the inside.

We had a big birthday party for her. I made her a pony cake this time. I think it turned out okay. We then opened presents and she really got into tearing the presents open this time around. She got an outfit, play doh, a pony, boots, a coloring book, and a fisher price farm house from Jason and I. From Grandma and Grandpa Mullis she got a coat, a singing cat, a v-tech toy that hooks up to the tv. It was really fun to watch her reactions as she opened the presents. She opened the Boots first and the moment she saw them she got excited and said "SHOES." Overall it was a really good day and I think Kiera really enjoyed it. Below are some pictures from our 'party'. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

It is a cute cake. Sometimes it seems they will never grow up and then before you know it they are graduating from high school and leaving home. Happy Birthday Kiera!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Mom! That cake looks awesome! Glad to hear that you are all doing well! Big hugs from France for everyone!

Sommer said...

Wow I can't believe she is two now! You did a great job on the cake, it looks fabulous. Keira is such a beautiful little girl... infact both of your kids are adorable, you have a beautiful family!