Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Where did the paynes go???

Just a quick update..I'm sorry that I have not had anything posted lately. The big reason why....our computer is broken. :0( We bought a new laptop a little over a month ago now for Jason's classes. Well, I was using it one day about 2 weeks ago and it was fine. Then a few hours later, Jason gets on to take his class, and the screen is broken!!!! Have no idea what happened, it was only a month old. Well, Best Buy only will take it back up 14 days, so we have to go through the company - Gateway. We send the stupid thing in, and last Friday I get a call. "I'm sorry, customer neglect is not covered under our warranty." Customer neglect, I don't think so! As I said, I have no idea what happened, which means it wasn't our fault, right? I mean for the screen to crack and it be our fault, we should know what we did. They wanted another 450 to fix the stupid thing. So of course I had to tell the lady how stupid that was. To make a very long story short, it was long day, dealing with people who are not willing to listen, and in then end still thinks it was our fault but will only charge us 200. I know that they have to protect themselves as much as possible, because I could be any crazy person off the street lying to them, but please, its a month old and there is no other sign of abuse! I'm so frustrated with the whole thing and have decided never to buy a Gateway again, they ain't getting anymore of my money. (love my english?) Anyway, so I got the phone call today that I should expect it in 2-3 business days. As soon as I get my wonderful computer back - I will be back to posting some wonderful news of Kiera and pictures...She is so wonderful. Of course I will also have news of me and Jason too...but we aren't nearly as interesting.

4 comments:

Sommer said...

Yay, i've been wondering where you've been. i got so excited when I saw you did a post. That is soooo annoying! I'm so sorry you had to deal with that whole thing, yuck! I can't wait for more posts and pictures to come!

Anonymous said...

Oh no that sucks, stupid gateway. I hope it works awesome now for a long long time!

The Crowley's said...

The next time you are due to get a new computer--you should consider converting to a Mac. We recently switched over and we couldn't be happier!!

Amy said...

Hey Jen! I just saw that you have a blog! I made one a few months ago too and its fun. I'm not that good at updating it though. Anyway I'm putting your blog link on my friends list on my blog if thats ok! And mine is "werenotbland.blogspot.com" just so you know :) Oh, btw, this is Amy Smith/Bland