Well, as per usual I am a little behind in this post. Two weeks ago on May 27, 2012 we were able to welcome Logan Austin Payne into the world.


Technically, I believe it all started Saturday night. Right before we went to bed I started feeling some pains, but thought it was due to getting sick. The rotovirus had been going around our house, namely, Rylan was trying to get over it for the second time in a month. So as I started to show signs, I assumed I was getting it myself and that the pains were probably due to cramping. Well as the night continued I was up often in the middle of the night visiting the bathroom and the pains kept coming and started getting stronger. At about 6 in the morning I started to vomit as well. So at this point I figured I was in trouble. I talked to my husband, called my mom, and decided it would probably be best to go into the hospital to make sure things were okay. Specially since at this point I was pretty sure the pains weren't just cramping anymore....they were coming to regular. I was having contractions! So, pretty sure I'm sick, and I'm having contractions. Wasn't how I was planning on all this going down...but it is better than having it be a C section, which is what was scheduled for May 31. When we get to the hospital we they hook me up to an IV, start monitoring the baby and check me out. Turned out I was already dilated to a 4. So the admitted me and by 7:30 that evening we had a new Payne in the world. The only problem me being sick caused was that when we had the epidural, my blood pressure dropped. So that was touch and go for awhile, but everything worked out. Here are some the of the pictures from the hospital.
 |
| Kiera with her new brother Logan and Aunt Mandi |
 |
| Grandpa Mullis with Logan |
 |
| Kiera loves holding Logan! |
 |
| Great Grandma Mullis |
 |
| Granda Mullis with Logan |
 |
| Daddy with Logan |
 |
| Mommy with Logan |
 |
| Grandpa Mullis got Logan a stuffed animal |
 |
| Here you can see Whinne the Pooh better |
 |
| I got this from my Dad |
2 comments:
Jen, you look amazing in this picture! Congratulations.
What that is a crazy birth story! I'm so glad you and Logan (love the name) are doing well and no fair that you look that good after giving birth! I'm a swollen mess afterwards. I hope I can meet your cute little guy someday, maybe next year. Love you guys!
Post a Comment