Thursday, October 20, 2011

Happy Birthday KIERA!!!

Well, I can't believe it, my baby is four!  I'm sure I will be saying this every year.  It is just so hard to believe how quickly my little kiddos are growing up. It seems like just yesterday I was praying to have a kid, now I have two and my oldest is 4!  Time flies. 

Well Kiera's birthday was a lot of fun and busy.  I wish I was better at taking pictures so that I could have documentation of all we did, but alas, I'm not.  We started the day by going up to see Jason's cousin's boy get baptized. They live just north of Salt Lake.   They were nice enough to make Kiera a cake as well, so we all sang to her and enjoyed some cake.  On our back we stopped for some ice cream at DQ since we don't get it very often, and a couple of stores looking for the right boots for her birthday.  After finding said boots, we headed off to dinner at Olive Garden.  We don't eat there often, but Kiera knows the name and loves it. She even choose it over McDonald's, which is her other restaurant of choice.  After Olive Garden we quickly went home and some socks for Kiera and went bowling.  Something else our kids have started to enjoy.  We all enjoyed our time there, though I'm pretty sure Jason' walked out with the win...I think even Rylan beat me... I was having a bad game to say the least. Granted Rylan and Kiera did have help from the bumper pads, but still I had a really bad game. :)  By the time our game was over it was time to go home and go to bed.

The next day we went to church and then went over to Grandma's house for dinner, cake, and of course presents.  When asked what she wanted for dinner, she said mashed potatoes, so we had roast.  I spent the morning decorating her Barbie cake.




In typical Kiera fashion she was in a rush and blew out the candles before we could sing to her, so she got to blow them out twice...I wonder if that means she will get double the wish?  Then it was PRESENTS!  We ended up having some kind of  theme going on, almost everything from my parents were princess things and from us we got her barbie and home made things.  Here are the few pictures we did end up with ( my battery in my camera was dying, so we didn't end up with much)



So in the end Kiera ended up with a princess blanket and pillow, along with a princess thing for her walls, some blocks, and I believe a few other things from Grandma and Grandpa. From us she got the barbie in above picture, a couple of movies, a purse made by me, and her boots.  At least those are the highlights. 

A few other things to make mention of for Kiera's fourth birthday: 
   - Went to the doctors office and she is 92% on Weight and 97% on height...she is a tall girl!
   - She is in love with the color pink right now
   - Her favorite toys are the blocks and barbies
   - She loves to watch movies and color in her coloring books. Some times she just asked for paper and pen so she can practice her letters. Which basically means n's and k's, sometimes i's. The rest are made up letters or numbers. 
   - She loves to read, sing, and dance.  She has a very good imagination, just this morning she was writing a new itsy bitsy spider song.
   -Back to the singing thing. she will sing anything to sleep, lately it has been either her new cousin Kai or the dog we are currently taking care of.
   - Her favorite breakfast, cereal. Dinner, she said tomato soup...though that is mainly a lunch thing.
   - She loves her princess's and is going to be a princess for Halloween.

Well that's about it for now, I'll just leave you with a few pictures over the year....











1 comment:

Sommer said...

She is really so cute Jen. The cake you made is amazing!!! I could never make something like that and I'm not just being modest. Great job! I can't believe she's tall for her age, I can't see it in the pictures. I'd have to have her next to Nathan to really be able to tell, since he's really tall for his age and they're only two months apart.