Friday, August 22, 2008

A Quick Update with Some Funny Kiera stories

So, since we have gotten back from Idaho we have all been very busy. Jason had to get back into work and prepare for going back to school. This included looking up loan information, registering for classes, getting books, and buying a new laptop since our old one doesn't meet standards anymore. I have been trying to catch up on the house, get Kiera into a schedule now that I am home all day, start up my weekly scrapbooking, set up a blog, and get back into my primary calling. As of right now, the major stresses are: Primary activity on the 30th and getting the primary program that is coming up in Nov. I am learning so much in my new calling! Now Kiera, she keeping herself busy as well. She loves to climb and explore...that girl is never still. She still loves to use her voice and loves to see how high it can get, which can hurt everyone's ears within the vicinity. She has started to think that when mom is cooking dinner is a good time to get clingy and demand to be held. For all those mothers out there, I'm sure you know how difficult it can be to cook and hold a kid at the same time.

So a few quick stories of my darling baby girl:

Kiera has taken a liking to the pet door in our kitchen. Out cat Lynx pretty much never leaves the door, the cat is Lazy, but we love him still. Anyway, since he is out there, and Kiera LOVES animals, she has discovered that she can see him through the cat door. Then she figured out how to open the cat door so that she stick her hand out and pet him. This of course drives Lynx insane because he wants to come inside so bad and the doors is open, but he can't get in. If you look really closly you can almost see him on the other side...its a little spooky. We thought Kiera looked so funny though. Another story that shows how much our baby girl loves animals...the other day we went over to our friends house, and they have a dog. They have been training him and trying to get ready for the new baby coming into their lives (which was yesterday, Aug 21. They have a beautiful baby boy!!!) anyway, so we put on the floor and let them kind of start playing with each other. This started with Bud, the dog, smelling her and liking her all over the face. Crazy thing is Kiera laughed and would just let out a high squeal. For the next several minutes he would come up to her, she would squeal, he would leave, and then she would chase him. By the end of the night Bud was probably more scared of Kiera than Kiera was of him...


Kiera has now learned how to open our shower door. So the other day I decided that I was going to take a shower. Now at this time I will get some toys for Kiera and close the door and watch her play. So things started out as usual and then Kiera came up and opened the door to the shower, I just close it back up and tell her she doesn't want to come in there, she would get wet. Well, Kiera decided that she did want to get wet. She continued to open the door, so I thought I would just wait and see what she would do. Sure enough, she climbs in, crawls through the water coming down and to me. She got herself drenched, I couldn't believe she actually did it. Crazy kid.


I've already shown you a picture of Kiera under a laundry basket, well just to show you how much she loves laundry, below are some pictures. She climbed into the laundry basket by herself and started to playing with my clean clothes. For some reason she loves to play with them, pull them out, put them over her head, it really entertains her.

Then, even when there aren't any clothes in the baskets, she still climbs in. The other day she got caught under one and started crying. So I free, put the basket right side up again, and two seconds later, she was crying for freedom again. Now, the sock in her mouth in the picture below, is clean I promise...something else she loves to do, usually it is with her stuff animals.

2 comments:

Sommer said...

Holy cow she is so stinkin cute! I especially loved the shower pictures, she is adorable and all those pictures are so frame worthy! I love your blog backround, maroon, it's so you! And I love the gorgeous flooring in your home, makes me jealous =) Your house looks beautiful from the pictures, I can't wait to visit in a few months. Love ya girl and keep those post comin =)

Jessica said...

Hey Cousin!!!
So I am horrible I haven't commented yet:) I hope you are doing well, Miss you like Crazy!!! Keep me posted :) If you link to my blog, you'll get to see a lot of the cousins blogs :) have fun!